Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

I don't know when it started, but it irritates me to no end when people say, "Happy Holidays" as they interact with others this time of year. I understand that Jews celebrate Hanukkah this time of year but why can't we just wish each other a Merry Christmas without being worried about being sued by the ACLU for discrimination. If I know someone is Jewish, I have no problem wishing them a happy Hanukkah. If you don't celebrate Christmas and someone says, "Merry Christmas," don't get offended, just return the greeting and go on your way. The phrase "Merry Christmas" is not used to put a curse on you and your family, it is the exact opposite.

So for all of you out there, have a Happy Hanukkah, a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment